The Tucson Chapter of the Project Management Institute, a professional non-profit organization, was formed in March 1997 to better serve the southern Arizona members of the Project Management Institute and to carry out the objectives of that organization.
Specifically, the Tucson Chapter is committed to setting the standard of excellence for promoting project management leadership in the Greater Tucson area by:
- Promoting the certification of project managers and their ongoing professional development.
- Maintaining an active project management forum to meet, exchange ideas and expertise.
- Gaining public recognition as project management leaders.
- Building a state-of-the-art network of project management knowledge.
- Providing project management leadership to the community through public service
Members of the chapter represent project management in industry, consulting, government and academia.