Volunteering can provide an opportunity to be involved in almost any aspect of running the Chapter. If you have a skill you'd like to put to use to benefit the Chapter, or you'd like to develop a new skill as part of the Chapter organization, let us know. PDUs are earned for each hour you work as a volunteer.
Please see the VRMS posting to apply. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Take the opportunity to present at a professional level to your peers at either a breakfast or dinner meeting. Don't have a topic? No problem - research one of PMI's many standards, magazines, or white papers, and present your lessons learned. Don't forget that PMPs get PDUs for both presenting and research/self-study.
Many members belong to more than one professional group or association. Think about who you've met, or listened to, elsewhere and pass any relevant recommendations onto the Chapter Board - we'll take it from there!
PMI-Tucson currently has the following volunteer opportunities available. Please let us know if you're interested in any of these opportunities.
The Programs Committee is looking for:
- A Speaker Committee Member to participate in brainstorming to identify potential speakers for dinners and breakfasts, line up speakers for events, collect speaker biography for event commitment, and confirm/follow-up with speaker for scheduled event. Estimated commitment duration: Up to 2 hrs per month
- Volunteers to help with Meeting Registration. Responsibilities include checking in and greeting guests during the first hour of a meeting. Meeting options are: 2nd Tuesdays Dinner (Tucson), 3rd Thursdays Dinner (Sierra Vista), and 4th Friday Breakfast (Tucson). Estimated commitment duration: 1 hr
- Volunteers to help with A/V Check and Setup. Responsibilities include arriving ~30 min before meeting begins to assist with A/V check and maintenance during meeting. Estimated commitment duration: Entire duration of a meeting (~2 hrs)
Needs volunteers for meeting registration. Responsibilities include checking in and greeting guests during the first hour of a meeting. Meetings are 1 Friday per month.
- Volunteers for Merchandising Committee. Responsibilities include assisting Merchandising Lead with merchandise purchasing, distribution, and display as needed and participating in brainstorming sessions for creation of catalog. Estimated commitment duration: Up to 2 hrs/month
- Volunteers for Merchandise Booth Assistant. Responsibilities include setup, display, and taking orders at events and delivering product to participants attending the current event. Estimated commitment duration: Duration of event (~1-2 hrs)
- Volunteer to serve as Social Media Assistant. Responsibilities include posting event photos and announcements to various social platforms including LinkedIn and Facebook. Estimated commitment duration: Up to 1hr/month
- We need Holiday Committee Members to participate in teleconference planning and task execution. Estimated commitment duration: 1hr/week (Oct - Dec)
- Volunteers to assist with event set-up on the day of the event. Responsibilities include assisting with table and decoration setup. Estimated Commitment Duration: Up to 2 hrs before and during event (Dec)